His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada was born in 1896 in Calcutta, India.
He first met his spiritual master, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami, in Calcutta in 1922.
Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati, a prominent devotional scholar and the founder of sixty-four branches of Gaudiya Mathas (Vedic institutes), liked this educated young man and convinced him to dedicate his life to teaching Vedic knowledge in the Western world.
Srila Prabhupada became his student, and eleven years later (1933) at Allahabad, he became his formally initiated disciple.
Srila Prabhupada left us a veritable library of Vedic philosophy and culture. Highly respected by scholars for their authority, depth, and clarity, his books are used at colleges and universities around the world.
The Bhaktivedanta Book Trust publishes his works in over 50 languages.
The following institutions provide educational opportunities for people of all ages interested in systematically studying the philosophy of Krishna consciousness. Some offer degrees.
Srila Prabhupada Videos and Teachings
Now Open To The General Public.
Come visit to see what we are all about.
- Experience A Fully Functional Hare Krishna Temple
- Free Vegetarian Feast Every Sunday Starts 12:00 Noon! Chanting starts at 12:30 pm.
- Understand The Science Of Self Realization
- Meet Friendly and Approachable Devotees Of Lord Krishna
- Celebrate The Major Spiritual Festivals Each Year In Good Company
- Understand the ancient Vedic Science of Krishna Consciousness from the original source and apply it in your life
- Hear Famous Guest Speakers From Around The World For Lectures And Seminars
- And much, much more!
And Remember, It’s Always FREE For You And Your Family…